Saturday, March 5, 2011

Prepaid Mobile Phones

I recently bought some prepaid mobile phones for our family. You may know them as pay-as-you-go or prepaid wireless phones. I like this way of paying for cell phone service because our family cannot afford the traditional cell phone service plans. It is just too expensive. With these prepaid phones I only buy what I plan on using. We only use these phones for real emergencies. I tell my kids to only use the phone if absolutely necessary.

One time where this cell phone came in handy was when I was driving down a road with no other cars. I happened to hit a nail on the road which blew out my tire. Since there were no other cars on the road, I could not stop anyone to help me. Luckily at that time I had my prepaid phone with me which I used to call a tow truck. If I did not have that phone I would have had to walk 5 miles to the next town. These are the types of emergencies I tell my family members to use the cell phones for.

Other times my kids might call me from school to ask me to pick them up if they had to stay after school. Prepaid mobile phones is definitely the best way to go for families that do not have much money.